Saturday, September 6, 2008

SOOOOOOORY!

So sorry no updates for so long. The stinkin' camera is still broke and we have had some great memories to post, but I can write for now and you wonderful readers can take mind pictures, as my mom would say.

Glory is doing great in kindergarten. She has two special friends she speaks of the most, a little boy named Spencer and a little girl named Cameron. She absolutely DOES NOT want to wear anything but jeans to school. Good thing that Gran and Grandad got her two new pair!! She wears them well! She does her own hair with cute little headbands that tie at the nape of her neck and she has a hard time waking up in the morning. Sometimes we make her "little girl coffee." Hey, whatever works!!!

Glory and Grace are still in love with their frogs. The only catch is those live crickets....I just can't do it! I can't feed those things to the frogs!!! The antennas are long and wiggly and then the frog jumps and eats it and half the legs are hanging out and...oohhh...it just gives me the heebie jeebies! Glory will have to do it when Jonathan leaves next week. She's got the courage there!

Speaking of Jonathan, for those who don't know, Jonathan begins a new job with Ecolab, a nationwide company that provides cleaning and sanitation products to large businesses. He will be a route manager and travel around to his different clients, offering services and building new clientele. Probably a six-month training period. I guess there's alot to learn, so they're flying him out to St. Paul, MN for 8 days next Saturday, the 13th! We will miss him, but I'm SOOO excited about this. He's been waiting for an interview with Ecolab since we were about to move here in Nov.It just took a while!

Grace is having fun with Justus. She likes filling up the bathtub and wahing all her dolls' hair. She loves to run and do somersaults on the livingroom floor! We are looking for a local gymnastics place around here because she'd like that alot!

Justus is amazing and makes our family even happier! He just started really smiling around 2 weeks ago and he eats ALOT!!!!!! He wakes up around 3 and 6 which is great for the little guy. Jonathan does the night feeds since I went back to work on August 25. Just two nights a week still and it feels good to be back at my job. I really like it. And Jonathan and Justus get some good times together too!

All is well at church...we may have to look for some land soon. We're getting big and there's new faces all the time. Lots of young families!
One great new development is a new opportunity for me. The friends we came out here with are Austin and Cami Ryan. Their purpose in coming to Tucson was to start a ministry called WorshipCatalyst, intended to find new churches in the area and help find and train musicians and worship leaders to meet the needs of these local churches.
My involvement with this ministry currently is searching and contacting possible fits for this through Craigslist and a website called BandMix.
But now, I am getting the chance to lead worship when needed at one of these new churches called "The Foundry." My first day will be tomorrow at 5 pm. The church meets in the evening.I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited! Jonathan and the kids will go with me. "The Foundry" is a new church that is in Vail, AZ, about 20 min. away and started in July. Please pray that they grow and reach the community they're in the middle of. There are so many people moving to the areas we are near to and they need a place to connect and know God. We are excited to see how our work here will make a difference.

All for now....keep posting comments, keep calling. I do love to hear from each of you and will try to call back whenever I get a chance!
Love to all!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Girl, we keep playing phone tag! I posted some new vacation photos on my blog.
I can't do crickets, either! HA!