Thursday, September 18, 2008

One Hundred Raindrops...Glory's Song

Several weeks ago, when my parents were in town, we were outside playing and Glory started to feel some raindrops. It was our monsoon season, so this was normal. She put her hands out to catch them and said something to the effect of, " Look, guys, it's like one hundred raindrops."
Later, laying in bed, some words started to come to mind about her and I tried to piece them together in a song. I love rain, it's my fave weather and I love to write songs but have been out of the skill for quite some time. This particular song chronicles parts of her birth and my struggle with postpartum depression, mostly my hope and desire that she will always trust Jesus. It's still a work in progress, but here's what I have so far.

When you came, the stars were bright
And your face lit up the night
The waiting was so worth it
Now our girl was here

You had this precious little smile and must have
known you were our child

Your love to us was like one hundred raindrops

You cried but laughed much more
Your giggles bigger than all the world

The dark days tried to come but you pushed 'em back
You knew that you were meant to fight
When nothing helped my ache inside

Your love came down like one hundred raindrops-
Precious rain

Now you're growing strong inside
I see the joy that life can't hide
Being on this path with you
Has healed me up inside

My life with you is like one hundred raindrops-
Sweet rain

So wear your courage
Run your race
and when the day is done

You will feel the hand of God where once
You had felt none

He comes to us in every season
Pouring down His grace
Hold His hand and count the raindrops-
one Hundred just for you

3 comments:

Anne said...

I love it! Keep on writing.
Mom

Jennifer said...

That's great!
Love how you included the bit about PPD - great stuff, my friend!

Lauren said...

That is really sweet.