Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike

Well, since almost all our family is in Houston, we've been following the hurricane pretty closely.Our family's power is out but they are all safe and no severe damage to their homes. we were up most of the night watching the Weather Channel and waiting for it to pass. My sister, Pamela, was up too, studying throught the storm. She's in nursing school and she has her first exam on Tuesday! I'm so thankful that our loved ones are ok. My mom sure is gonna miss her morning coffee since her coffee pot won't work. :) And my dad's really missing the A/C!!!!
If you are in the are, blog back and tell what your Ike aftermath is like! Love to all!

1 comment:

Wendy McDonald-Linton said...

We are good. John, Maddox and I evacuated to the Austin area Thursday afternoon and came home Sunday afternoon. We have power, water and a sound apartment. We had lots of downed trees, traffic signals, fences and signs...but overall we are doing well. School will be closed all week for both Maddox and I, but John went back to work on Monday. I hope to be able to help those around us soon through prayer, meals, and volunteering. If you know of anyone who needs help, let us know!