Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Good Moments!

Today, I absolutely love my life!
For some reason, as I was washing dishes, I began to think about the things that make me so happy and thankful! Here are a select few:

-an amazing, thoughtful, hard-working husband
-getting to wake up and find fresh food in my refrigerator and good things for my children to eat
-friends and family
-a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby boy!!!!
-a good job
-eyes that can see God's creation all around me.

Then I thought about how sometimes, my happiness and joy is situational, meaning if things are great, I am. If things aren't so great, then I'm not! I want to always be able to find the joy and happiness that God brings....when the man I love is gone, when the food runs out, when my children are searching and struggling, when the job is gone, when the eyes don't see well any more.
Hopefully, these things are far down the road but even still, what truly makes me happy??
My current status and situation or the simple fact that I am loved and created by God?
He is enough for me...today. May it be so all our days.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Reminds me of God saying to Paul, "My grace is sufficient for thee."

Texas Gal said...

Amazingly, I had a very similiar moment today..just humbled by what God has blessed me with.

Hey, do you have a new email? I tried sending you one, but it got kicked back!