Saturday, February 2, 2008

Church Happenings

I realized I haven't mentioned much on the blog about our church here and how it's doing! We love it and it's going great. Please check the website at www.commongroundarizona.com.
We average about 150 people a week, we have lots of young families and children, but we need to grow our youth group. Jonathan helps lead the youth group every Sunday night with his friend Steven Compton.
I'm getting to lead worship with our worship team about twice a month and LOVE that. We have a great team. We need a drummer to complete us..we're working on that. I love the worship experience!
We just finished a series on money management, based on Dave Ramsey and I loved it. Apparently, consumer debt is a pretty common problem in our community and this will help, I believe.
Jonathan and I attend a small group on Thursdays and as we grow, we'd like to branch off and start our own.
We meet at the local elementary school every Sunday so on Saturday night, Jonathan heads over there with some other guys to help set up the cafeteria to look like our church. It's alot of work but it looks really nice. Then after service on Sunday, a team stays behind to pack it all back up into boxes for the next week.
We love being a part of something new and growing! Come and visit!!!!!!!!

No comments: