Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Happiest Ever!

Well, tonight I was just thinking about how happy I feel right now. The excitement and anticipation of having a new baby and a boy, at that, are definitely alot of it, but I've been hit with this feeling before in the past few months and I'm trying to figure out what it is.
It's surely not the great money we make, being that we're bringing in less than we ever have and I will shortly be on unpaid maternity leave!
It's not our fancy cars. They're both paid off and have a plethora of dings, dirt and fabric stains to reveal their character!
It's not our mansion of a home. We're renting, most of the walls are white and half of our pictures and wall hangings are in storage! Although, I must say, I do like our little house alot!

It's this deep abiding confidence that wherever we, the Drolet family, go, wherever we are, whatever we do, we are in God's hands. We are being watched, prayed for, protected, adored, loved on, instructed by a Sovereign God.

The one thing I have learned most since our move to the desert of Arizona is that I am not to necessarily know what tomorrow will bring. Planning for the future is helpful but trusting that my plans will come to fruition is not. God cannot use a vessel full of their own agendas. I'm starting all over in this area of my faith.

So, this happiness, this confidence is sort of new for me and it will be long-lasting, because I'm learning now what makes one truly happy. Everything we have is from God, everything we are is because He put it there and everything we will do or have done is by His grace and for His glory.
This is true happiness.

Proverbs 19:21
There are many plans in a man's heart,
But the Lord's counsel-only that will stand.

2 comments:

Erin said...

a good, good word!

Lauren said...

This is a good post. :)