Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Shadow of The Almighty

This is the name of the book I'm currently reading. It is the story and biography of Jim Elliot, missionary and martyr to the Auca Indians of Ecuador and written by his widowed wife and mother of their infant daughter. Amazing book I'd recommend to anyone wanting to live with purpose and hold life on this earth loosely.
One quote from him I'd like to share was written to his 15-year old sister in spring of 1948.

It reads," Fix your eyes on the rising Morning Star. Don't be disappointed at anything or over-elated either. Live every day as if the Son of Man were at your door....Walk as if your next step would carry you across the threshold of Heaven. Pray. The saint who advances on his knees never retreats."

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE that book. I haven't read it in a long time, but it was SO challenging!