Saturday, April 26, 2008

Girl's First Slumber Party!



This weekend, our friends, Austin and Cami, went to Phoenix and we had the privilege of keeping their daughter, Finley, overnight. We all went out for great Mexican food and got lots of looks. Looks that seemed to say,"My word, they have three girls and another one on the way? What are they thinking?" Our table was a bit comical, I thought myself. Rice falling everywhere, queso all over shirts, and then the funny story of the evening. Right as the hot enchiladas arrive, we all have to use the ladies room. So, I lead the three girls straight into the men's restroom, not realizing what I'm doing until I see a side shot of a man using the urinal. Oh my word, what have I done, I'm thinking? Meanwhile, the girls have already rushed ahead of me into the stall sections. So I creep behind this sectional by the door so this man won't see me and call for the girls to get out of the bathroom. But, they call back, "But we haven't gone potty yet." This conversation repeats itself several times with no change in answers. Desperate, I run back to our table which is very nearby and tell Jonathan to rescue the girls in the men's restroom. As soon as he gets there, Grace has already come out of the restroom screaming that there's a " man in there." The man is right behind her, explaining to Jonathan what he thinks happened. He has no idea that "prego-brain" had everything to do with the embarassing scenario. So Grace screams for a while and then we enjoy our enchiladas and I wish I could have a margarita to ease the tension!

Today, I took the girls garage-saling and then to the Tuscon Chalk Art Festival, where local artists display their chalk art all over the concrete. It was fun. We all had a great time and the temp got up to 94. We made sure to wear sunscreen and we packed a picnic lunch which was nice. I got a little taste of what it would be like to have three girls and it wasn't bad at all. Only extremely dramatic! But I sure am thankful we're having a boy. Now I won't be the only one with bathroom duty!!!!!!

No comments: