Friday, June 20, 2008

Recent Happenings Here!

I have officially reached the nesting phase of pregnancy. I can't stop cleaning, organizing and de-cluttering. Today I made the crib ready for baby, ironed his curtains and dust ruffles and imagined him sleeping on his little blue cotton sheets with his letters above his bed.
The doctor says he is not looking big and there is no need to induce in the near future. She thinks he'll be smaller than the girls. We'll see. We are 1 cm dilated but no signs of impending birth. I'm feeling uncomfortable but not too terribly. Still working and feeling like that's ok for now. My nurses on the unit take excellent care of me and don't let me work too much. I really appreciate them. Jonathan still doesn't want me to do much either. I hope I don't get used to this pampering thing because it's gonna be over real soon!
Little Glory turned 5 this past Wednesday and had a wonderful birthday party. I got it on video but not pics so I'll learn how to put video on asap with Jonathan's help.
She also had her 5 year old check-up today and got 4 shots to get ready for kindergarten. She did so awesome, no crying or even a whimper. She's a trooper.
I noticed an amazing generosity about her yesterday. I found her wrapping up her birthday presents from her party so I asked her what she was doing. She said she wanted to give some of her gifts to her friends who aren't having a birthday yet. Where do you draw the line on generosity? We'll see what takes place with that. She's a wonderful gift wrapper, I'll say that much!
All is well here. We're swimming most every day and the girls are learning how to load the dishwasher and hang up pants on hangers.
We plan to stay here in our current rent home if the landlord agrees to change the carpet. It would be so nice not to have to pack up and move right now so I'm praying this all works out.
I got a bit anxious this week about having a third child. Wondering how the whole sleepless night things will work sent me over the top, I think. Be anxious for nothing, I kept telling myself. God is not silent. He listens and he replies. He knows my name and we will be taken care of.
Those of you with 3 already will give me much needed advice and I'll pass it on to my dear friends when they have more children too!!!
I had a dream last night that we went out to eat and this old man came up to us and said he had a brand new Toyota Sequoia that he felt like he was wanting to give to a family but he didn't know who. Would we like it?? He**, yeah, we would!!!!
. We went out with him to the parking lot and it was red with tan leather interior, the exact car I've wanted for 5 years!!!! Wouldn't that be crazy? OK, well I'm allowed to dream, aren't I?
To all a good night and if you're going to dream, DREAM BIG!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I miss you! So glad to be coming to see you and your family later this summer!
How is it that our oldest kiddos are on the verge of SCHOOL! I cannot believe that Glory is 5 and that Olivia is soon going to be there, too!!
Glad you're not feeling to uncomfortable! Going to the pool every day probably helps ease the stress on the joints!
No advice on the three kiddo thing - but I know you and Jonathan will make it just fine! Plus you have 2 little mommas who are going to overwhelm you with help, I am sure!
Love you!

Texas Gal said...

I am so excited for you! You are imagining 3 kids soon and I can't even begin to ponder having one...not just cause I'm not in the position too--but because I cannot imagine the time committment, the body sharing for 9-months, any of that stuff. You Mom's get major kudos from me...y'all are incredible!! Glory and Grace will be great big sisters though!