Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thoughts on Today!

Today, raher spur of the moment, I decided to take the girls to an Easter play in Tucson at a church there. After I woke up, (I worked last night), we hung out and then took a nap together, yes , another chance to sleep!
Then we got all dressed up, Glory wanted to wear her Easter dress, so I let her and we went to this church for the girls' first Easter play. Jonathan was at Chick-Fil-A, that 's why he wasn't with us.
Anyway it was really good. The girls had tons of questions about it....are the soldiers mean, are they really hurting Jesus, why are all the ladies' hair down to their back(this was a united pentecostal church!), are they really drinking Jesus' blood at the Last Supper, how does Jesus come out of the tomb if he's dead, what are "muracles"!, how does God live in me if he gets so busy with all those lepers he has to heal?, on and on and on...
I finally was developing a sore throat from whispering all these answers in the middle of the play and I just wanted us all to sit still, shut our sweet mouths and watch the play. (While I'm thinking this, Grace's shoes are off, on the floor, her dress is up to her neck so she can scratch her belly, Glory has bit her lip from chewing almonds too fast, Grace has to make another river(that's going to the ladies' room, by the way), AGAIN, and I need some Tums like you would not believe.)
Anyhow, these very minor difficulties were eradicated rather quickly and I began to thank God that I can answer these sweet searching questions of a three and four year old.
They continued all the way home, these questions and my best possible answers. Tonight we got to see what Easter is all about and it will resonate in two little girl's hearts forever.
I guess the sore throat doesn't matter in the long run. As long as the questions keep coming.....

Thanks, God, for Easter. Thanks for little children who want the truth and will not stop til they get it. Thanks for giving up Your life for me and all those that I love...thanks for leaving us speechless when we're asked how You live in us when You're so busy healing lepers. I don't know how You do it, I just know You do because I feel you...in the hugs of two little girls, in the kicks of this little miracle growing inside of me, in the unending questions of little women who will grow up to know You and make you known. I don't mind the sore throat..I really don't. I just thank you for the privilege to talk about Your amazing love.
And thanks for the Tums!

3 comments:

Texas Gal said...

Happy Easter to you! You painted a beautiful picture of your trip to the show, and had me smiling with your girls' antics! I miss you friend! Glad you like my blog, I check yours all the time! Give the whole family a hug for me!

Erin said...

that was such a blessing to read!

p.s. the letters arrived this weekend - they are so cute!

Jennifer said...

Ok, I needed that reminder today. Thanks, friend, for encouraging my heart about my daughter's never-ending curiosity! She definitely doesn't give up till she gets an answer!
I am trying hard not to pass up those teachable moments!
Love you!