Monday, October 22, 2007

The Saguaros and our Journey




Have you ever wondered how life is like a cactus, aka saguaro?
Our lives are strong, some older than others, sometimes hard to approach, usually beautiful in their own special way,awkward and unbending and always studded with something poky and uncomfortable??
God makes all things beautiful in His time and today I claim that even with my prickly faults and insecurities, I am loved and chosen, not agreed upon, not reluctantly picked last, but hand-chosen by God.My stickers mean nothing to His strong Hand.He will use me and He will use you, prickly or not, IF we are willing.
Thought I'd share some pics of our new landscape we will come to know as home shortly.
Our Houston friends, Austin and Cami are in this first pic with us and they are already in Tucson, gearing up with Ben Barfield(in the 3rd picture) to help make CommonGround Church a place where someone not totally keen on "church" would one want to come and learn how to love their journey with Christ. That's what we're so excited about doing also!
Love to all,
April

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Dang, girl, it looks HOT!

Love your insight!