Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas...

So, I just love Christmas! It is the absolute best time of the year and I love it even more when we get to see our children enjoy it and celebrate it. On Christmas morning, Glory and Grace walked us downstairs for the big morning. After we were all seated with our presents in front of us, Glory said," How 'bout we turn off all the lights and blow up the candles and sing happy Birthday to Jesus?" Well, we did that minus the "blowing up" part!! Glory knew how to start that morning right. We had a great time opening presents together. You see, for a long time, Grace has been wanting an American Girl doll, the black one named Addy. We found it on eBay and yes, I won the bid! Can anyone say I rock? Yes, I rock because I fought long and hard for that doll and about cried when I won! You woudn't believe the look on Grace's face when she opened that doll. She held her up high, then wrapped her up in her little arms and as Grace's long blonde hair blended with the thick black braids of her sweet doll, we all heard, " Oh, Addy, it's my Addy, you're my sweet girl and I'm your little mommy." It was one of those moments. Addy and Grace have been inseparable since then and now Glory's doll, Julie, has a friend! I'll get a pic of that soon!


Dad with Justus. They're both a bit tired here!





My cousin, Vero, at her house here in Tucson, where we all went for Christmas lunch! It was so fun and Justus loves his Vero! Vero is short for Veronica.The first pic is of my cousin Debbie Ruth and my mom. They were working in the kitchen together and we had a great meal. Did I mention I also love Christmas because I love to eat? We so love to eat, Jonathan and I both! I wish Christmas was every day...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I took a photo of the girls in their matching dresses -
I will try and get it posted soon!
Love all the Christmas photos! Justus is getting so big!
Love you!

Lauren said...

I am dying to pick up that little boy and squeeze him.

And that is such a sweet story about Grace!

crzyquilter said...

You have a beautiful family. Did your mom tell you about my new Grandson? He is so precious! It was wonderful to have all 5 of our kiddos here!