Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What's New

Well, let's just mention what's NOT new first and that is I cannot stop craving brownies. I want to make a batch right now and my jeans are already getting snug. AARRGGHHH!!! I must resist...
Today I went ahead and paid the big bucks for Justus to get aquatic survival lessons starting October 5. WHat this means is that after 6 weeks of DAILY, Monday to Friday lessons, our 14 month old will know how to swim, really swim!!! And let's say he fell in a pool, he'll know how to turn over and float on his back until he's rescued. This is invaluable training, we think, especially since we love to swim and have 2 eyes and 3 kids. Slightly outnumbered!!
We did, however, have to put this in our spending plan. Last week, we started our Crown Financial Bible Study, which teaches people how to live debt-free and invest wisely and so we're starting with getting on a good budget and following it VERY closely. Even though we've reached alot of goals in the past,we're learning that everything we have is God's and should be used to honor Him. Usually Jonathan does all our finances, but I'm gonna step in and get knowledgeable now and learn more about stocks and investments too. We also got a great book to do with the kids about money management. It teaches Bible stories about generosity and saving. I'm really excited about it. I really like the study. We memorize a verse each week and we enjoy our friends in the group.
Another new thing is that on October 9, we are going to Phoenix for my Lasik eye surgery. Thanks to my mom and dad, who are treating me to my new eyes!!! I'm slightly nervous but mostly excited!!! Jonathan had his in august so now, I'm gonna do it. I'm legally blind without my contacts so this will be a great thing, Not to mention, the girls LOVE going to hotels and sleeping in the big beds so they will have alot of fun!
Love to all! Bye now...

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay for Lasik! I'd love to do that one day.

And life is too short to avoid brownies completely, at least in my opinion! :)

Lauren said...

Oh, and my mom sent me info on that infant swimming thing a while back. It looks awesome! I seriously considered doing it, but we NEVER go swimming here. Like, Noah has never been in a pool that I can think of. We will probably just do swimming lessons next summer or something. But if we were like y'all where we were at the pool all the time for several months out of the year, I totally would have gone for it.

Staci Nicole said...

I have this really cute bank that I got from my mom (from our church in Scottsdale.) It three parts, a "saving, spending and sharing" part. If you guys want it let me know. I mean after all, I'm almost 23 and I'm not so sure I need it. :)