Sunday, May 11, 2008

This comes from the Drolet that never writes in this thing, Jonathan.
I gotta hand it to my wife, she is quite the writer when it comes to her wonderful tributes to all the moms in her life. My eyes are still soaked.... Anyway, this blog goes out to my beautiful bride that I've known since December 10th, 1997, where I met her for the first time inside a Chick-Fil-A of all places! We've had some great times together on this journey they call "life". We've had our share of huge disappointments along the way, but we've also had our fair share of God's mercy and amazing blessings along the way also. April has always remained true to me and stood by my side, even when she probably would have rather given up. She inspires me to believe that God can do anything through me. I have a low opinion of myself, but she pushes me to look deep inside for that leadership and giftings that God has placed in my life and to USE them no matter what the cost. That has been a hard process for me, but I'm not stopping. I love the way she comes up with creative games to play with our children, and how she loves make blueberry muffins in the morning. She loves to have me make her coffee, and I love how she just absolutely can't drink it unless it has about a half cup of creamer in it! I love it when she's really tired and she'll mix her words and sentences all up and in the wrong order. I love it that she gets so excited when she goes to Walmart with competitor's coupons and Walmart takes them, man she gets fired up about that! I love it when she takes the girls to the public library to pick out a "few" books, and comes home with around 30 books and dvds! I love it that she has such a tender spirit to people that are in pain and that have less, I love it that she wants to adopt a little child from a third world country someday, I love it that when she leads worship, she inspires people to open their hearts to worship God. I love April Rebecca Drolet for all these things and so many more. But most of all, I love April because on May 20,2000 she said "I do" .

4 comments:

Lauren said...

That was so sweet, Jonathan! You are such a great husband, and you are right, you are very blessed to have such a wonderful wife.

Jennifer said...

Great hearing from you, Jonathan! What a sweet post!

April Drolet said...

You're a stinker, Jonathan! I had no idea you were gonna do that. Thank you for making me feel like the best mom ever. I adore you.

April Drolet said...

You're a stinker, Jonathan! I had no idea you were gonna do that. Thank you for making me feel like the best mom ever. I adore you.