Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thankful For Glory

Today I found myself so thankful for Glory. In the middle of Wal-Mart, searching frantically for my families' favorite Christmas treats, Glory just begins to dump stocking stuffer after stuffer in my basket. Three little girl toothbrushes, three tubes of Cinderella toothpaste, panties, socks, candy and who knows what else. When I looked at her as if to say, " What are you doing?", she immediately said, " Mom, guess what? We're gonna buy a new stocking and put all little girl things in it and give it to a little girl that's poor." I asked if we could exchange the battery-operated toothbrush for a regular since the little girl's family may not be able to afford batteries, but she just said we'd buy lots of those too. We're now home and she's made a long list of more items to buy for our nameless "stocking child." I'm praying that God will show us just the girl to give this stocking too, because it was created with some amazing love.
Sometimes, I find myself nit-picky about the things my children do wrong or could do better at. Today, I will start improving on that. And my shopping budget went out the window on this Wal-Mart excursion as well, but I'm finding that I'm alright with that. It was WELL, WELL worth it!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh, she is a sweetie! I love that story!

Erin said...

so precious!