Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Why I Loved My Job Today

Today, I especially loved my job as a postpartum nurse. I had a 17-year old pt. trying to deccide between keeping her son or placing him for adoption. I got to be right there when she looked at me and said she wanted to take him home. She said the father of the baby was going to start working and she was going to finish schoolThe cool part was that she never got to nurse him yet because she had planned to give him up. When we offered her a breast pump, she filled up a whole bottle and the look on her face when she realized that she was able to give something so awesome to her preemie baby(he was 7 weeks early)! I walked her out to her car and got to say goodbye. I'll think about her alot. She's so young but I have no doubt she'll be a great mother to her son. I also thought it was so great how supportive her parents were. They were right there the whole time, supporting whatever decision she might make. They were great parents.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That is an amazing story. We should pray for her. :)