Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hebrews 12:1
......and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.
Psalm 42:5-6
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God......


 I hate running. Loathe, detest, abhor running. But if my bootcamp girls do it, then I do it. And I am getting better at it. My mile was 9 min 17 seconds today.
After half a mile, I was about to give up, My breakfast was churning in my stomach, my legs were itching, and my lungs were about to explode.
But as I forced myself to continue, I heard the voices and cheering and I bolted ahead in my own awkward, bent-over way. I neared the part of the path where the road curved along the brown, knotty wood fence and the voices got a little clearer and I saw the bright shirts of the runners who had finished the mile. And at that point, I knew I could make it. No more complaining, no walking, no doubting. I was going to finish this thing.
The cheering, hearing my name, seeing someone take notice of my effort, and tell me I could do it was the sole reason I finished.
   I was reminded today to run well but I was also reminded to cheer well . Running, cheering.....equally important.  My cheer may keep someone in the race. My cheer may pick someone up when they fall. My cheer may offer someone hope and that's worth a whole lot when you hate running as much as I do.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Great thought! Also, you are a GREAT cheerleader!