Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas, Anyone?


This Christmas was awesome! My favorite one yet! Santa really does have the best job! My parents got the kids this Thomas the Train set that Justus will grow to love, I'm sure! They have spent hours each day enjoying it!
My mom got me this beautiful rosemary plant for the table. I love it. It smells really great and since I'm into cooking more and more, I love that you can have something pretty on your table that you can just tear off and put on your chicken. Any great recipes with rosemary?? I'd love them! Grace thought the bush needed a small trim so it would remain a perfect circle. Gotta watch that girl!


We started Justus on rice cereal Christmas Eve. He took to it pretty good but he really just wanted the spoon! From a medical standpoint, the American Academy of Pediatricians recommends starting solids at 6 months of age. Justus is 5 1/2 months and we felt that he was ready. The La Leche League advises that babies be on mom's milk for a year before solids but that wouldn't be good for us. I'd be a dairy farm by then and a grouchy one at that. Also, parents should introduce solids in the am so if children have any allergic reaction, it can be noticed while awake rather than something bad after they have gone to sleep. We gave him his cereal at night, oops! I was just too excited to use my orange baby spoon!





No comments: